All wines tasted from Carso DOC by E-mail? Activate your tasting telegramme:
DOC for dry red and white wines in the Italian region of Friuli-Venezia Giulia on the border with Slovenia . The area includes the municipalities Aurisina, Duino-Aurisina Monrupino, Muggia, San Dorligo della Valle, Sgonico and Trieste in the province of Trieste, and DoberdÃ² del Lago, Fogliano Redipuglia, Monfalcone, Ronchi dei Legionari, Sagrado and Savogna d'Isonzo in the Province of Gorizia (Gorizia). The area stretches along the Adriatic coast on the Gulf of Trieste, in the north of the adjacent DOC Collio Gorizia to the Croatian peninsula of Istria in the south. It is a hilly, karst plateau (hence the name Carso), which is also the cold winds of the dreaded east wind Bora is exposed. The varietal wines must contain at least 85% of each variety, the remaining 15% can be approved varieties of the same color. These are Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Chardonnay, Malvasia (Malvasia from Istriana), Merlot, Pinot Grigio, Refosco dal Rosso Peduncolo , Sauvignon, Sauvignon, Traminer and Vitovska. The Rosso is made from the Terrano (70-100%) and possibly other permitted red varieties. The Terrano wine type is made from at least 85% of the same variety (variety Refosco). This may be created where there is a special only in parts of the communities Aurisiana, Sgonico, Monrupino Trieste and soil type (see above under the section "Terra Rossa") are. This floor extends over the border in Slovenia, where the red wine like Kras Teran is from Refosco (same Terrano) produced. These wines may therefore the successor of Pliny (23-79) noted ancient Pucinum be. See also Teran .