Translations into other languages are available for subscribers only.
Single location in the town of Lorch in the German wine-growing region Rheingau . It was the first time already in 1211 as "Pafenwies" and 1235 as "Pfaff knowledge" mentioned documentary. It was named after Father Dydo, the son of Nicholas Knight of sharp stone, which was also called "priest". From here a magnificent view over the Rhine and Castle Rheinstein is possible. The southwest-facing vineyard with 15 to 45% slope in 90 to 160 meters above sea level comprise 22 hectares of vineyards. It is shallow and rocky shale and quartzite floors with deep loess. Here mainly the Riesling is cultivated. Shares in a position to have as the wineries Altenkirch , Count von Kanitz , Kesseler and Wilhelm Mohr heirs .