Keyword: Wine Country
Translations into other languages are available for subscribers only.
Former name for a wine of the second grade level after the first stage of quality wine. Valid from August 2009 through the EU wine market organization of wine country now corresponds to the category (Wines with Protected Geographical Indication) under the first category PDO wine (With a protected designation of origin, quality wine earlier), see also detail in Quality System :
* England : PGI = Protected Geographical Indication
* France : PGI = Protected Geographical Indication (former Vin de Pays)
* Greece : PGE = Prostatevomenis Geografikis Endixis (formerly Topikos Oinos)
* Italy : PGI = Protected Geographical Indication (IGT = Indicazione earlier geographer Tipica.)
* Poland : COG = Chronione Oznaczenie Geograficzne
* Portugal : PGI = IndicaÃ§Ã£o Geographical Protection (formerly VR = Vinho Regional)
* Spain : PGI = Geographical Protection (formerly VdlT = Vino de la Tierra)
* Hungary : = OFJ Oltalom alatt allo FÃ¶lddrajzi Jeles (formerly tÃ¡jbor)
Under the new provision requires that at least 85% of wine from the eponymous region (region) originate. In Germany based on this specification is in Austria and Austria and PrÃ¤dikatswein . In most other EU countries, this is handled in a similar form.